Dan Patrick was elected Lt. Governor of Texas in 2014, winning the general election by almost 20 points, including historic levels of support from Hispanic voters and women.
A preeminent voice for principled conservative policies both in Texas and across the nation, Lt. Gov. Patrick is leading the fight to secure the border, reduce property and business taxes, and address Texas’ infrastructure challenges to assure that our state continues to flourish economically.
In his first session leading the Texas Senate, Lt. Governor Patrick presided over what has been called the most conservative, productive and pro-business session in Texas history. Under his leadership, the Senate passed legislation to dramatically increase support for border security and reduced the franchise tax by 25% in a pathway to eliminating it all together. Lt. Governor Patrick also championed property tax relief which passed in the Senate, addressed roads and infrastructure challenges and continued the education reforms he began as Education Chairman, tackling the problems of failing schools and giving parents more choices for their children.
Lt. Governor Patrick is an outspoken supporter of law enforcement and earlier this summer was invited to a national town hall, sponsored by ABC News, to address President Obama directly about his concern that police do not always receive adequate support at the federal level.
Lt. Governor Patrick is a member of the Board of the Republican Lt. Governor’s Association. He was twice elected to the Texas Senate from District 7 in Houston and Northwest Harris County. He is a successful small-business man and radio host, a former television anchor, sportscaster, musician, Christian author and movie producer.
Lt. Governor Patrick is also involved in his community. He has raised over $16 million for children with disabilities through his radio show and started the first seminary in a Texas prison to train long-serving inmates for the ministry.
Lt. Governor Patrick has been married to his wife Jan, a former schoolteacher, for 41 years. He’s the proud father of son Ryan and daughter Shane. He is also the proud grandfather of four grandchildren.
• Rated Most Conservative Senator from 2007-2013 (based on over 16,000 votes)
• 2 Time Law Enforcement Senate Legislator of the Year
• District Attorney Association’s Senator of the Year
• Pro Life Champion Award
• 2 Time National Federation of Small Business Top Award Winner
• Only Senator to receive Americans for Prosperity A Plus Award for Fiscal Leadership 2 Consecutive Years
• Texas Association of Business Top Award
• Empower Texas Fiscal Champion Rating
• Ronald Reagan Leadership award
• Wrote and passed Legislation to place In God We Trust in the Texas Senate
• Carried Senate Legislation to place “Under God” in the state pledge
• Wrote and passed sonogram legislation that has already saved thousands of babies lives
• Wrote and passed 172 million dollar tax cut for small business to help create jobs
• Wrote and passed School Choice Charter bill to create more choice for parents and students
MORE ABOUT DAN
• Author of Christian Best Seller “The Second Most Important Book You Will Ever Read”
• Executive Producer of Award Winning Christian Film, “The Heart of Texas,” voted the Best Film made in Texas in 2009
• Helped create the first prison seminary in the history of Texas
• 4 Time Guest Pastor for Dr Ed Young at Second Baptist Church in Houston
• Has raised 16 million for Be An Angel, a charity for severely disabled children in Houston
• Founder of first Conservative Talk Radio station in Houston and brought Rush Limbaugh to Houston radio
• Frequent conservative guest on FOX News, CNN, and MSNBC